What Fans Can Expect from the Night
- An interactive musical featuring parodies of songs within the chosen theme.
- Drinking! In Purim tradition, you're supposed to drink until you can't tell the difference between the good guy and the bad guy in the story.
- A costume party. Dress to the theme, or any costume will do. We'll have a costume contest with prizes.
- A boisterous sing-a-long.
- The greatest party of the year. We might be biased. Guess you'll have to find out.
Recommended Age Group: 21+
Expected Crowd: 140 per night.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Every year, A Very Awesome Purim throws a big Purim party and puts on a play about a drunken king, an evil prime minister, and a queen who saves the entire Jewish population. The production strikes a careful balance: one part tasteless, two parts hilarious. With fan help, we choose a theme—this year: "Broadway."
If you’re wicked into show tunes and jazz hands, you're in luck! Join us for "A Very Broadway Purim", featuring songs from hit shows like Les Miz, Guys and Dolls, Grease and, yes, Hamilton! Do not throw away your shot at coming to this one.
OFFICIAL VERY AWESOME PURIM LOGOS AND PHOTOS
Below are links to PNG/JPG files of the official Very Awesome Purim logo and the Very Broadway Purim banner. If you need the logo/banner in another format or official photos of the event, please email [email protected]
Press Tickets and Contact
For complimentary press tickets please contact:
Who's Crazy Idea Was This?
Josh and Rachael Silverbauer started the Very Awesome Purim Series five years ago with "A Very 90s Purim," which was performed as a house party. The concept quickly outgrew the house. This husband/wife team directs, produces, writes, and stars in a completely new show every year. Their mission is to connect and educate Jews (and anyone from any religion, really) through performance, creativity, and humor.