Wait, so you drink like it's St. Patrick's Day, dress up like it's Halloween, and put on an interactive musical? What is this?
It's a Purim Party, of course.
Will you celebrate with us?
Every year, A Very Awesome Purim throws a big Purim party and puts on a musical about a drunken king, an evil prime minister, and a queen who saves the entire Jewish population. The production strikes a careful balance: one part tasteless, two parts hilarious. With your help, we choose a theme—this year: "Broadway"—and translate it into an original musical telling the story of Purim.
This is what you can expect from the night:
- An interactive musical featuring parodies of songs within the chosen theme.
- Drinking! In Purim tradition, you're supposed to drink until you can't tell the difference between the good guy and the bad guy in the story.
- A costume party. Dress to the theme, or any costume will do. We'll have a costume contest with prizes.
- A boisterous sing-a-long.
- The greatest party of the year. We might be biased. Guess you'll have to find out.
Note: You do not need to be Jewish or know anything about Purim to attend this Purim party. This is a celebration for everyone. However, please do not forget your sense of humor at home. That's no fun for anyone.
A Very Awesome Playlist
- Very Broadway Purim
- Very Disney Purim
- Very One Hit Purim
- Very Glam Rock Purim
A Very Drunk Purim History
Join Josh and Rachael Silverbauer, Co-creators of A Very Awesome Purim, as they get drunk on Manischewitz and tell the story of their favorite Jewish Holiday, Purim.
Agagite Named Haman
We’ve told the story of Purim many times in many different ways. But never quite like this. We did not want to throw away our shot at a Hamilton promo for A Very Broadway Purim, so here it is!
Help Us Continue to Create Great Content for A Very Awesome Purim By Sponsoring
A Very Awesome Purim Series is an organization that brings culture, art, comedy and music to the jewish holiday purim and transforms it into a pop culture event. We like to keep the Purim Party relatively cheap so help us keep it doing it by sponsoring us!